Sunday, February 18, 2007

Knowledge is Power

Yesterday morning I couldn't sleep so I got up at 5 am and went for a walk down to Durbar Square, which is like the old center of the city containing the old palace and heaps of shrines and temples dating from the 16th century. I walked around and looked at the old buildings but after a while they all sort of look the same. Today I went back there as part of the tour and the guide told us all the stories and histories of all these places. The building I thought was pretty crummy when I was alone was actually the residence of a living goddess and we got the whole back story and the do's and don'ts of dealing how you deal with a living godess. Tommorow we hit the hills and gradually work our way up to larger hills. In Nepal it's not a mountain unless its snowing and ice capped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home